Roasted Grouse & Victorian Cabbage
- 10 oven-ready young grouse
- 250g streaky bacon
- 400g shredded savoy cabbage
- 150g finely diced onion
- 100g finely diced carrot
- 100g finely diced celery
- 50g Lakeland Dairies Butter
- 150ml Millac Gold
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- crab apple puree (as accompaniment)
- fresh garden chives (as garnish)
Wrap the grouse in the bacon, season well and tie for roasting.
Pan fry, then roast in a hot oven at 180°C for 12-14 minutes.
Remove and allow to rest.
Sauté the onions, carrots and celery in the Lakeland Dairies Butter and add the cabbage.
Pour in the Millac Gold and correct the seasoning.
Place the Victorian cabbage on the plate.
Sit the rested grouse on the cabbage.
Serve with a little crab apple puree and fresh garden chives.