- United Kingdom
- Rest of the WorldClick here for the 'Rest of the World' version of the site
This Privacy Notice is issued by Lakeland Dairies of Dublin Road Killygarry, Cavan, Co. Cavan (“Lakeland Dairies”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data. Lakeland Dairies is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Data that we Collect and Process
We collect and process personal data relating to you in connection with your use of this website and our relationship with you. This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website or any promotion administered by us which you enter;
- customer and supplier details relating to your account with us.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- improving and developing this website;
- carrying out research and customer satisfaction surveys;
- sending you promotional and marketing materials, subject to any preferences that you express when we collect your contact details or subsequently. You can opt out of receiving promotional and marketing materials from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org;
- administering any promotion in which you participate, and in circumstances where you are the winner of a promotion, your participation in publicity, in each case in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions,;
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- fraud prevention, investigation and detection;
- establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you;
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- to other members of our group or affiliates;
- to third parties, their agents and professional advisors, subject to confidentiality obligations, for the purpose of a due diligence exercise by third parties in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in , or promote or underwrite or manage any such arrangement;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data, except where you submit an online application form or participate in a promotion and we need it for the relevant purpose. If you do not provide us with the information required, we may not be in a position to process your application form.
In connection with the above we might transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These may include entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Website Usage Data
We use a monitoring application to collate and analyse certain statistical information about the use of this website. When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- the IP address of the device you used to access our website;
- the browser & device used to access our website;
- pages visit during your visit.
No attempt is made to identify individual users or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies last for a fixed period, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on our website.
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device and prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website and some services and functionalities may not work. All major browsers allow you to change your cookie settings - for example you can set up your web browser to inform you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can usually find these settings in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.