- United Kingdom
- Rest of the WorldClick here for the 'Rest of the World' version of the site
White Bean Veloute
- 300g diced leeks
- 300g diced white onion
- 800g cooked cannelloni beans
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 litre Millac Dairy Single Cream
- 100g Lakeland Dairies Butter
- 100g Flour
- 20g chopped chives
- Cornish sea salt
- Freshly milled pepper
Melt the Lakeland Dairies Butter in a thick bottom pan and cook the onions and leeks without colour.
Add the flour and cook out the roux then season well.
Pour in the stock slowly and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the beans and Millac Dairy Single Cream, bring back to the boil and check the seasoning.
Rmove from the heat.
Serve with the chopped chives and a little deep fried leek.